|Re: is slower tech advances a blessing or a curse
||Sun, 23 December 2007 06:19 |
Registered: April 2003
Location: Slovenia, Europe
|LEit wrote on Sat, 22 December 2007 20:50|
Slower tech hurts an AR quite a bit, their econ is dependent on energy research.
I'm affraid if hurts more. AR's econ depends on too many tech fields:
- energy for pure resources AND terra ,
- another field for terra ,
- con for better orbitals ,
- prop to spread pop as fast as possible ,
- elec to start a decent production of minerals , and of course
- weapons techs to stay alive.
And you can't increase your resources' output by building more factories... A rule of thumb: don't play AR in slow-tech games, if there are other PRTs in it.
If you're preparing for the all-AR game Dreamscape, here are some quick tips:
- because of very long distances among planets (sparse uni) will be any PGR over 15% actualy a waste - player will not be able to move excess pop around fast enough to avoid severe crowding.
- ISb and IFE are simply a must,
- energy and con techs cheap are also almost mandatory,
- 1/25 pop divisor and the second immunity actually look like a good decision.
Don't worry, I won't be playing in that game - after I've been told most players there will be intermediate with a beginner or two, I opted out of it.
Report message to a moderator