||Fri, 04 April 2003 09:27 |
Registered: October 2002
Location: Collegedale, TN
|See the thread at http://library.southern.edu/sahforum/index.php?t=msg&th= 107&start=0&rid=1&S=d09a3c96bfc957604b3496b46b68 11cd|
and read my reply there when this topic came up back in December, 2002.
- I have never asked for money donations.
- The only thing I've suggested is for player/hosts to send me postcards (with a message on it) if they have enjoyed using Stars! AutoHost.
- As I've mentioned before, to date, 4 people have sent me money donations, and yet requested to be kept anonymous.
- Any donation will be cheerfully accepted
- Donors do not receive special privileges (they may later, it depends. Naturally donors requesting anonymity cannot receive special privileges)
- AutoHost is currently co-hosted on our work web-server (since I'm the admin). A close friend has already setup a box elsewhere to help with hosting or migrating AH, but I've been too lazy to take advantage of it as yet.
- Currently, I don't have to pay out any money to run Stars! AutoHost. If that changes in the future, I may *have* to ask for donations.
- Because of the international aspect of Stars! and since the use of Stars! AutoHost has always been free, I believe it would be very difficult to request donations or charge for playing/hosting.
[Updated on: Fri, 04 April 2003 09:27]
Report message to a moderator